ARE YOUR STUDENTS NOURISHED?
Nourish Kids is a school nutrition program designed to introduce healthy eating habits and provide nutrition education to elementary aged children (K-7) in a fun and interactive way.
Kathy Nowak is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist who facilitates the Nourish Kids program. She has over 20 years’ experience in working with youth and in the last 5 years, she has been teaching students in the lower mainland private and public elementary schools about the benefits of good nutrition.
Teachers! The nutrition presentations cover part of the Physical and Health Education curriculum goals recently put out by the BC Ministry of Education too! Kathy explains the newly revised CANADA FOOD GUIDE.
Presentations are tailored to students’ age and take about 30-45 min. They are designed for a single classroom setting. Multiple presentations can be done in a day.
The presentations include:
- Nutrition and health education
- Description on how foods contribute to health and influence healthy choices
- Exploring strategies for healthier food choices, and the importance of eating a good breakfast
- Sampling healthy snacks during the ‘Snack and Learn’ section of the program
- A fun interactive game at the end of the presentation and activity handouts for you to download for students
Each classroom presentation costs $50. Full day presentations (7 classes) can be easily arranged. A 10% discount can be made for Inner City Schools.
Testimonials from lower mainland teachers
“Excellent program and well connected to the curriculum for health, social studies, and applied skills”.
“An excellent overview that was age appropriate. The children loved the variety of food samples”.
• Increase your students’ quality of life
• Decrease the potential for disease
• Enhance their ability to learn about their physical and emotional health
Kathy looks forward to help ‘nourish your kids’ and build successes!
Please email Kathy for more info or book your session in the schedule. She will confirm with you once booked
QUOTE FROM W.H.O.
The extent to which a nation’s schools become health-promoting will play a significant role in determining whether the next generation is educated and healthy.
– World Health Organization